Monday, November 9, 2015

9 November - The least of these!

Katie H. took this photo
which says it all.
Have I told you about Krystal?  She is an amazing lady with whom Debbie and I have spent a lot of time. Remember Don?  Well, Krystal is his wife. So, while Don wiles away his days building stoves, modeling a work ethic and building relationships with men (targeting the Roma), Krystal is demonstrating God's infinite love for the Roma children and their families who live close-by.  She has help from some other full-time missionaries... Pam, Marcella, Julee and others... who fill in when they can, and she hosts itinerant teams like those GBC stragglers from the English Camp last summer.  

Visiting
Have you ever thought about when someone is most receptive to the Gospel?  I would have to say that, in my experience, it is in childhood and young adulthood.  How many of my friends have told me that they came to know Christ when they were young?  With many of my Albanian friends, they were the first in their families to believe, and, in many instances, have led their families to salvation.
Hearing the story of Creation in
Krystal's living room

Homework help at the
kitchen table
There are so many ways to introduce Jesus.  We can stand on a street corner, proclaim the Gospel at "events," develop friendships with those outside the church.... you've heard the many ways. Krystal just strives to love these children... among the most un-lovable, according to the world.  And is she ever creative!  She hosts English clubs, Bible clubs, homework help, whatever she can!  I've helped her with a sewing club before... and one of those children has professed faith.  Unfortunately, she recently lost her "ministry center" which was perfectly located in the Roma neighborhood.... she didn't have to pay rent because it was left-over space from Don's factory before he lost the lease and had to move.  Don's move and the loss of his "extra space" has greatly diminished Krystal's ability to reach children.  She is now limited to hosting these clubs and groups at her kitchen table.

Inviting entrance and
large wooden porch
Large inside area that could
be divided for different activities
Down the street, right on the pedestrian route from local schools, and on a corner that their parents must also pass to get to town, there is a coffee bar for rent that would be just perfect (in my opinion).  It would provide room for the sewing club she started but has had to suspend, for cooking and health lessons for the young girls (or boys), for homework help, and a myriad of other things, including just plain fun times.  There is even a little play area for toddlers, so it would be a good location for gathering moms together, too.  All she needs is $500 each month for rent, and right now she doesn't have funding for it.  I will shamelessly tell you that investing in her ministry would be an incredible way to reach these children.  Please know that there are kids who have already professed faith in our Savior (I hate counting so I won't give numbers, but believe me it is a fruitful ministry). While Krystal and her friends are carefully mentoring these new believers, she yearns for the opportunity to reach more.  Would you consider joining me in a commitment to her ministry?  Can you visualize what Krystal could do with this place?  I can!  If God leads you in this direction, I will put you in touch with her sending ministry.

An area for the little ones
Krystal is such an ambassador for our Lord... she loves these little kids in all their poverty!   She remembers birthdays, finds ways to help girls yearning to learn, but whose family situation keeps them from going to school.  I know that heaven will be populated by some of these Roma children... and I pray that there will be so many more!

So, this is my last day at the Qendra Stefan... I am so sad to leave. The last 24 hours have been such a blur... making sure everything gets to the right place (including some sewing machines I've "found" for Krystal), making sure that Debbie is winging her way west, saying my good-byes to such good friends that I have here, and finally packing... I can't imagine how difficult it must be for full-time missionaries who have spent years here, have even more friends who must pack up and go home for a furlough or for good.  Albania has become home to them.  There are some who will not be here when I return... please pray with me that God would show them His limitless mercy, give them His bottomless peace, and that He is, even today, saying, "Well done, my good and faithful servant!!!"

See you soon!  Bekime!

No comments:

Post a Comment